- FDA approves 5-day emergency contraception. Works better than Plan B, but requires a prescription and is expensive. See my previous post on emergency contraception.
- California gay marriages resume next week.
Whoops! Turns out Proposition 8 is going to be in effect for a little while longer. For more information, go to the Wall Street Journal’s Law Blog. For more thoughts on the prospects for Proposition 8, or its ban, go here.
- Teen sex doesn’t mean bad grades, says new study. Not all teens are just “hooking up.” Some are in committed relationships and that makes all the difference.
- Open letter from a mama grizzly to Sarah Palin. Palin’s use of the term “mama grizzly” is like her use of the word “feminist.” She appropriates both as if all mamas and fems think like her. Not!
- On August 2nd, HBO Documentaries aired a new film about abortion called 12th and Delaware. (See trailer here.) So far no word on when it will be shown again, but I advise you to watch out for it. It sounds fascinating.
[The] documentary seeks to offer “a fly-on-the-wall view of the ideological trench warfare” that happen on the intersection of Delaware Avenue and 12th Street, Fort Pierce, Florida, where Woman’s World Health Clinic, a privately owned abortion clinic, and an anti-abortion Pregnancy Care Center are situated across the road from each other.