The New Year is officially here and I thought I would try to come up with a list of resolutions that every feminist should subscribe to.
These are the personal resolutions:
- I will take charge of my own life.
- I will pursue my dreams.
- I will make time for myself.
- I will not let myself be intimidated by authority.
- I will clearly state my opinions.
- I will accept myself as I am.
These are interpersonal resolutions:
- I will not assume that I know what others need and want.
- I will seek solidarity with all women.
- I will not look down on other “categories” of feminists.
- I will listen to what others are really saying.
- I will not generalize or stereotype.
- I will not hate those with different ideologies.
These are the “public” resolutions:
- I will keep up with the news.
- I will research women’s issues.
- I will make my views known.
- I will support feminist causes.
- I will educate myself about feminism.
- I will call myself a feminist.